Getting Started: Telemedicine Portal Instructions
Using Holistic Heart Centers of America telemedicine portal allows patients and practitioners to connect for scheduled and on-demand video visits using a secure, HIPAA and GDPR compliant interface.
There are 3 steps that need to be completed BEFORE your appointment can take place:
- You need to SET UP your account.
- You need to ACTIVATE your account.
- You need to LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT 15-30 MIN BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT AND TEST YOUR CONNECTION.
Telemedicine visits are best accomplished using a desktop or a laptop computer, or a large screen tablet. During a telemedicine visit, your practitioner may share documents and images with you, and those are best seen on a larger screen. Choose a place at your home or work that allows you to carry out a private and uninterrupted conversation.
Similarly to scheduling an in-person visit for medical care, scheduling a telemedicine visit requires mandatory steps that need to be completed for the system to provide a safe and effective interaction. Please, bear in mind that telemedicine interface is NOT like Facetime, Google Hangout or Skype, and prioritizes security and privacy for all parties.
We recommend using Google Chrome, or Firefox browsers. The initial account set up must be performed on a desktop or a laptop, and not on a mobile device.
Please, navigate to Visit On Demand
- You will see a “Welcome” screen as shown below. Enter your first and last name.
- Enter YOUR FULL ADDRESS (exact mailing address is required).
- Click the "Get Started" button.
- You can return to the same “Welcome” screen and click on the red LOGIN at any time to schedule your appointment or see any practitioner on demand after your account is activated.
- Once you click the Get started button, the following screen will appear:
- Please, select a password, and make a note of it. You will use this password, in addition to your email, to log into the portal. Your activation email, and all appointment notifications will be sent by email. If your practitioner or our patient coordinator pre-registered you, a password will be sent to you. You can change your password at any time.
- You will now see a confirmation screen:
- Click on the red "Enter" button, and complete your profile, including all mandatory fields . This process will take approximately 5- 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can complete your profile from the Account Activated screen (see below).
- Check your email for an account activation email. Click on the "ACTIVATE" button in the email to activate your account.
- Once your account is activated, you can Login using either your password, or a password provided to you. If you do not have a password, or forgot your password, you can reset it (see ).
- You MUST complete ALL profile fields marked with a red asterisk✱ AND ACTIVATE your account to get access into the system. While your practitioner will see your name and can schedule your appointment, you will not be able to log in if the above steps are not completed. Your time zone must be entered, and you must save your profile before logging off.
- To complete your profile from the Registration screen, click on the red "Enter" button, or click on the red "Login" button on the Account Activated screen. Your profile account screen will open up:
Please, enter all information requested, especially in the fields marked with as those fields . If you are registering and prefer to see a specific practitioner on our platform, input their name in the Preferred Provider field of your profile. Please, set up your and click "Save". NOTE: if you fail to set up your time zone, the system will not permit your appointment to take place.
- Once you save your account, you will now be taken to your account landing screen:
In the upper right corner, you will find easy access links to your appointments. in the upper left corner (hamburger bars) will take you into all settings for your account as shown in the screenshots on the following pages.
- We recommend that you select to "Test Connectivity", and make sure your camera, speakers and microphone are working well.
- By clicking on the "My Files" button in your account, you can upload any files to share with your practitioner. Click on the as shown in the screenshot below:
You can also enter your payment info, and create profiles for your dependents.
- Once your account is activated, you can log in.
- Your Login screen will look as follows:
- Once you enter your credentials and click Login, you will see the following:
- Click the See Next Provider or Search Providers button to see the list of available practitioners and appointments.
- You can narrow down your practitioner and time search using selection filters on the left hand side of the screen
- Click on the time suitable for you, and enter your appointment details. You can provide additional information, such as special requests, questions, or statement that your fees are waived by your practitioner in the Additional notes field.
- Once you click on the green Create button, you will receive a confirmation email as shown in the screenshot below:
- You can now save your date and time in your calendar, and access the Login screen on the day of your appointment, either by navigating to the Login screen or by clicking on the "View Details" button in your confirmation email. You can also access the Login screen at holisticheartcenter.com--->For Patients------>Virtual Visits.
- You can log in for a scheduled visit approximately 30 min before your appointment time. Once logged in, you will see a prompt that appointment is scheduled for you, and you will click on the green "Enter" button to proceed. If you are connecting right away for an on-demand visit, the system will take you directly into your next step (consent form) without a need to log back in.
- You will need to read the consent form and click "Submit".
- You will need to submit your payment before proceeding unless your payment was waived by your practitioner, or collected upon direct appointment booking.
- You will now be dropped in the virtual waiting room to start your visit, and your practitioner will receive an alert to start your session. You may see your computer or laptop go through the Test Connectivity testing, which is normal.
- To attend your appointment on a mobile iOS device, please see Get the Mobile App-iOS instructions.
- If you forgot your password, please click on the Forgot Password? link at the bottom of your log in screen. Then follow a sequence of steps as shown in the screenshots below.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ENTER THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU USED TO REGISTER. Once you receive an email confirmation, you can go ahead and reset your password.
- PLEASE, CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER OR SOCIAL/PROMOTIONAL FOLDER IF YOU ARE A GMAIL USER IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR EMAIL CONFIRMATION OF THE PASSWORD RESET REQUEST.
- If you still have difficulties, please contact our technical support at the number in your email confirmation (see last screenshot), or email your practitioner with a request to reset your password.
- Click on Forgot Password? link to start
- Enter the SAME EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU USED TO REGISTER , and click on the Email me a link button.
- Check your email inbox for password reset email.
- Click on the Reset Password button to reset.
- Enter a new password, making sure that it meets all system requirements. Make a note of your new password.
- Once changed, a green box confirms that your password change request was successful. WRITE DOWN YOUR PASSWORD IN A SECURE PLACE, AND ALLOW YOUR DEVICE TO STORE IT IF PROMPTED.
- Click "Go to Login" button to proceed to schedule. You will now be redirected back to your account for scheduling.